Tuesday, April 8, 2008

29 more days

"Only he who gives thanks for the little things receives the big things...."

When I was eight years old I had a pair of pink jelly shoes with white daisies on the toes. This morning I found out they are back in style. I want a pair; it'd be like walking around in my childhood all summer.

I recognize my priorities, so you can look at my spring break pictures here. They're not as intense as, say, Karissa's pictures, but these give you a taste of the way my mind works. And it's pretty salty.

I have lots of plans for the summer already. I have a list of books to read that grows every day, a list of things to sew that don't seem to hinge on my capabilities (or lack thereof), and a list of moments to cherish, like walks with my dad in the cool cool cool of the evening, or movie nights with my brother, or decorating the house with my mom. I'm going home this weekend and it's supposed to snow. I think God's doing it just for me.

"....How can God entrust great things to one who will not thankfully receive from Him the little things?" - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

1 comment:

  1. Your picture captions were hysterical.
    I just wish you had been in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete