Saturday, October 3, 2009

conversation around the dinner table

Mom: You know Cheri Keaggy? Is she blind?
Dad: No
Courtney: Yes.
Mom: ‘Cause I saw her on TV and she looked like she was blind.
Dad: Well actually, I don’t know, so why did I say anything?
Courtney: I always thought she was blind.
Dad: That wasn’t Cheri Keaggy.
Mom: Then who was it?
Heather: Why don’t I just look it up?
Dad, Mom, and Courtney continue in conversation.
Heather, watching YouTube: I don’t think she was blind.
Dad: Write on her Facebook wall, “CAN YOU SEE THIS?”
Heather: She’s definitely looking around in this scene.
Dad: Is she swaying side to side or back and forth while she plays?
Heather: Back and forth.
Dad: Yeah, she can see.
Mom: Who was on TV then?
Courtney: I always thought she was blind.
Dad, after looking it up: Ginny Owens.
Mom: Oh, Jenny Owens.
Dad and Heather: GINNY.
Heather: Ginny Owens isn’t blind.
Courtney: Yes she is. What does she sing? “Be thou my vision….”

2 comments:

  1. Haha. Hahahahaha. Your family makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to play Cheri Keaggy songs on the piano!

    My favorites were Courtney's contributions.

    Okay, and your dad's.

    CAN YOU SEE THIS?

    hahahahahaha

    I saw Dave Douglass today. I don't know if he remembers my name. We chatted about hiking.

    ReplyDelete