Thursday, October 30, 2008

get behind me, Satan

I feel like I'm trying to quit smoking and people keep blowing cigarette smoke in my face. I'm not sure if I've ever been this tempted to listen to Christmas music this early in the year. I keep listening to soundtracks from The Family Stone and Little Women in attempts to assuage my needy Christmas spirit. My mom just sent me my favorite cookies (which we always bake at Christmastime) and Holiday Inn (Irving Berlin's debut of "White Christmas" - but it doesn't count as a Christmas movie). I am going to eat and watch and think about how there are only 27 days until Thanksgiving break.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Little Women soundtrack. It reminds me just a little bit of Christmas because of the Christmas/winter scenes in that movie. It's just enough.

    And peanut butter kisses/blossoms/stars are my favorite Christmas cookie. We only make them at Christmas, never any other times, which is strange to me now that I am thinking about it.

    I'm anxious for Christmas too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww I miss your mom's cookies! Those were always my favorite ones. For real. She can send me some if she wants. I won't mind.

    ReplyDelete